The Balancing Act

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”



Likewise, to keep moving, you must keep balance. I am talking about everything here: from emotions to diet, from lifestyle to fashion. "The Balancing Act" keeps it all intact and puts everything where it belongs to. Thus making everything fit in, whilst being equally important.


Now, focusing on what I balance best: outfits. (Since I suck at everything else, allow me to enlighten you on this one.) My college outfits are almost always very thrown-together-at-the-last-moment, however, I think it is that inherent love for coordinating colors and textures that has helped me through it all.


This very bright coral tangerine pleated skirt has been lying in my closet for more than a year. It took me awhile to figure out what I should wear it with. I used to pair it up with a deep blue collared shirt on Summers with ballerinas. This time, I teamed it up with different muted shades of neutral colors.



Delhi winters are harsh. Everyone has seen dull skies enough. I wanted to give my other wise very pastel winter color board a twist with this one. This floral scarf I got on my birthday from a dear friend helped me break the monotonous solid colors dividing my body, blending together the different shades I have put together on my boots, stockings, jacket and high-necks.



College is the one place I can actually try being more creative with my styling. Less people judging me, more people critically analyzing me. I have challenged myself to a daily Snapchat "story" of my outfits to make sure I creatively wear my outfits and never repeat a garment in the same way. I hope I can post those pics in my next posts.


High neck, skirt, stockings, jacket: Local Boutiques

Scarf and Combat boots: Forever21
Bag: Westside.

So, if you have a garment, a top or a skirt with brighter colors, try them on with other muted shades. It's always good to make use of that cute blazer you never got to wear because it was too neon for your eyes. Remember, not over powering, but it is "Balancing the Act" which does the trick.

Comments

Popular Posts