Weaved Up

Hey people! It's been a month not blogging and all apologies wouldn't make a difference. I'm gonna make it up but bombarding you with new looks and ensembles this month!

College has been taking up most of my time. February saw the NIFT New Delhi Spectrum and a lot of assignments to cope up to.  And now, we have started working on our portfolios for internships this summer. Most of the posts now on will have to do with the garments I have designed and constructed myself.



The National Fashion Olympiad organised by National Institute of Fashion Technology for all design students in India saw the coming together of creative minds completing whilst having fun. More of all fun for me and my team mate, my bestie in college Abhilipsa Sahu, with whom I participated in the Fashion Marathon.


The brief for Fashion Marathon was to create a skirt in two days (12 hours), using only poplin as a base. So me and Abhilipsa decided we do something we love, after all, it is not everyday that we get to design for ourselves and do something we utterly love. We have always been taught to cater the mass and the needs of the consumers.


Our skirt is based on the concept of zero wastage and creating textures out of waste fabrics. We took interesting fabrics, cut them into strips, weaved them to create a fabric base, stitched them to poplin base cloth and constructed a pencil skirt.

The hem has a very interesting detail. I love the sheer paneling we did, and the waste fabrics stitched to the hemline. I think it gives the skirt a higher notch. Tell me what you think about it :)


And the best part about it all? I can wear them! I styled it with  sheer shirt, to match and skirt and my favorite Zara heels! Curled my hair to create messy curls and voila! 

This is what I love about my blog, I love sharing my designs and am so contend doing what I do. It is what drives me to make my blog as less commercial as possible. Thank God for design!


Will be up with more designs soon! Till then do let me know what you think about the skirt :)

XoXo

Comments

Popular Posts