India Runway Week : Hannah Khiangte

 India Runway Week by iFFD aims at giving fashion startup designers an opportunity to showcase their collection in a national platform. I got to attend the first day first show by Hannah Khiangte, Bani Khurana and Sailesh Singhania. Here is my review on Hannah Khiangte's Spring Summer 2016 collection.

Her name needs no "Google" for the Mizo fashion clan in Mizoram and the northeast India. It was thus, a proud moment to witness a runway show in Delhi by the upcoming designer 
Hannah Khiangte. 


In 2013, Hannah Khiangte started with Sunday outfits for the state capital's fashionistas. Her edgy cuts and color blocked fabrics became immensely popular and later defined her aesthetics as a designer. An HK design can be easily recognized because of the use of different materials and sharp style lines in the blouses and dresses. And so, the collection, to begin with did not disappoint.



















After around 2 mins into the show I began wishing she experimented a little more and brought out her delicious couture, however, not even before I could complete my own thoughts I was back to square one. It was her first national runway, she had to show what was "her" and so to that she did complete justice.

I love the very North Indian tassels she used as tie-ups, the use of see through fabrics to showcase the clean finishing, the end number of style lines both tone on tone, and contrasted, and the creative use of pleats and tucks. The color palette is cool and easy on the eye. She had delicate ruffles here and there giving it a classic vibe. The ensembles were styled with Indian accessories like the jhumkas and tikkas giving it a personality.



Let me wrap up by saying that the collection is easy to wear and style, classy and is very apt for people residing in any urban cities of the world. The brand has a potential to go international if it stays true to its aesthetics with experimenting creatively within its own boundaries.

 I met Hannah once in the church when I was in my first year three/four years back. She was then fresh out of a fashion school. I'm personally very proud of her for where she is now and hoping this runway is just the beginning of all the runways bigger and grander to come.

Thank you for making us proud.


All pictures belong to MawipuiLoves.

Comments

  1. So so proud of my bestfriend.... Words fekt short even, you fashionista nwah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work!! All the best for future!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts