Unapologetic '90s Kid



Can we ever have enough of the 1990s? I'm so glad I was born in the early '90s just enough to enjoy the undisturbed culture before the digital toys came around. That is just the icing, the cherry in the cake about being born in the '90s? You can actually flaunt the trending phase '90s kid and not be lying to the fashion peeps :D



For this look I picked my favorite trend: The Grunge.

Trust me when I say this: this look was not planned. I wanted to experiment with my makeup to brush up my skills. I posted my step by step not-so-detailed tutorial on my Snapchat account. I had to revolve the outfit around my hair and make-up.










My mom handed me down this lace and satin slip dress recently. Now that the '90s slip dress is back on trend, I always wanted to style it up. I wore my plaid printed chiffon button down shirt inside the slip, tied a knot to my dress to make it look less "night gown-y" and paired it up with my favorite Zara pair.

I accessorized my look with chokers and layered them up, shocker. I know :P 







I am no expert in the make-up department, but I love experimenting. I find make-up to be one of the most creative form of art a woman can learn. It is all about creating an identity by highlighting the parts of you you want to flaunt and expressing your mood with it. Gone are the days when make-up was used to "beautify" a face. I feel the concept has become much more. It has become a platform for an artist to play with. The fact is, no one should feel the need to beautify one's face and everyone should be allowed to express themselves in whatever form they wish to. Unless they are disturbing others' peace, of course.

Here is a few tips for whoever want to carry off dark lips:

1. Keep the skin flawless: The first and foremost rule is to make sure the base of your makeup, i.e. your skin is evenly surfaced and evenly toned. Else, your look would turn all patchy.

2. Balance: Do not darken the shadow too  much, instead go for a thicker brow than usual. That way the thickness in the level of your face would be balanced.

3. Highlight: There are a few parts of your face you should never forget highlighting: The tip of the nose, eyebrow line, the cheekbone and the outer line of your lips. This will also make your lip look fuller and plumper. This step works for every makeup look but is especially important for dark lips.
















I clicked my own pictures here because I believe in self efficiency. Haha kidding. I am at home now free lancing and working for a show I'm taking part of. So, I don't exactly have professional photographers around me. I hope you forgive me for the quality in the pictures. For what it's worth, I tried being creative in editing them. *grins*

Till next time, XX.



Shirt & Slip dress: both hand-me-downs
Shoes: ZARA 
Lace Choker: Sarojini Nagar
Metal pendant choker: Forever21


Instagram: mawipuiloves         
Snapchat: mawipuiloves / suzmawii

Do follow for #ootd and #motd everyday! 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice on the lotion. And I really enjoyed reading this.
      "Gone are the days when make-up was used to "beautify" a face. I feel the concept has become much more. It has become a platform for an artist to play with. The fact is, no one should feel the need to beautify one's face and everyone should be allowed to express themselves in whatever form they wish to. Unless they are disturbing others' peace, of course." Very interesting.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the advice on the lotion. And I really enjoyed reading this.
      "Gone are the days when make-up was used to "beautify" a face. I feel the concept has become much more. It has become a platform for an artist to play with. The fact is, no one should feel the need to beautify one's face and everyone should be allowed to express themselves in whatever form they wish to. Unless they are disturbing others' peace, of course." Very interesting.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts