Zone Out

Spring-Summer 2017: Metallics and Athleisure

For those of you familiar with my style, you know this is out of my zone. I experimented outside my boho-spirit for this look and turned on my alter-ego. 

(I felt very Gal Gadot in the picture below. *giggles*)





Two of the most transfixing trends the Spring Summer 2017 fashion runways had us believing are:
Number One, Metallics. Number Two, Athleisure. For this look, I decided to jauxtapose it- and add a little feminity to keep my sanity and call the look mine.

 ***
The star items in my ensemble are :
 (1) Glossy Metallic Crop T-shirt (2) Sequinned Gym Shorts (3) PINK

***


LOOK ONE: To the Moon and Back

So what if we are not literally sending all our love to the moon and back to the Earth to prove our love to our loved ones? The metaphor is enough to let us know how much we fancy the spaces up and above and all the love that comes in between. This look is flirty and fun. I paired my garments with cute fluffy strap heels which tones down the stark metallics. I'm carrying a similar creamy toned pouch with pom pom chained to it for an extra Elle Woods effect.









OUTFIT DETAILS
Top: H&M
Shorts: Sarojini 
Pouch: Forever21
Pom-pom: H&M
Shoes: Truffle Collection
Earrings: H&M


***



LOOK TWO: Stay Active

Let me be bitterly honest with you, I hate the gym. Wait, hate is too strong a word. I dislike the gym. I dislike the whole concept of "working-out" inside four walls staring at youself or at others, I dislike the smell of the sweat, the monotony in the exercises,  the songs they play, I dislike almost everything about the most trending place-to-be of the era. However, that has nothing to do with my perception of a healthy lifestyle. I think a person should be his/her most healthy and fittest self at all times and if the gym keeps you at it, you are good. For me, I enjoy outdoors, I prefer running, swimming and if anything to do with indoors, then, aerobics and dancing. This outfit I've put together stays true to being an athleisure and a sports luxe. It can be worn for a healthy 30 min dance session or a trendy 2 hour walk to the mall. 

All I did with the previous look was strip away from the heavy makeup, swap heels for my Nike, swap the heavy earrings for more delicate ones for a minor change in detail and we are good to go!












OUTFIT DETAILS
Top: H&M
Shorts: Sarojini
Sneakers: Nike
Earrings: H&M

***


Let me know how you like the looks here! How would you have styled if you were given the garments I had? Comment or mail me. I love feedbacks!







Biggest shoutout to Treepy for taking the time out to click my pictures even though you were not feeling well and almost fell sick after the shoot. I owe you big. Love you.

Comments

  1. I liked look two more than look one, but I can't figure out why. :D
    I think it is how those sport shoes are adding to the look.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts